Alaska Addiction Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
Part-Time Day Security Monitor
The Part-Time Day Security Monitor is primarily responsible for overseeing AARS’ clients safety, as well as performing facility upkeep and cleaning duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular inspection of facility and determination of location of all clients.
- Log client’s presence and activities hourly.
- Note any unusual incidents.
- Monitor security cameras coverage during shift.
- Answer telephone and contacts appropriate staff as required.
- May assist with monitoring client medication, when needed, including waking any client needing regular prescriptions.
- Log all assistances with monitoring client medication. Handle any incident in a prompt and proper manner as detailed in Operations Manual, contacting the appropriate staff on call if required.
- Awaken clients at scheduled time in morning.
- Perform routine janitorial duties on all building.
- Complete house laundry regularly.
- Regularly (hourly) inspects all outbuildings to be sure they are secured for the night, regularly check all animals during shift.
- Wake clients to help with animals, if needed.
- Clean grease trap and exhaust vents monthly in kitchen.
- Report any repairs required to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Participate in program activities as schedule allows.
- Attend training events and staff meetings or reads minutes within 48 hours after missed session.
- Required to read all policies and procedure manuals of AARS and pass exams on manuals.
- Completes RELIAS training courses, and other training assigned.
- Required to read all policies and procedure manuals of AARS.
- Complete all forms in timely manner.
- Review AARS Operations Manual.
- Maintain project logs, reports, and records in appropriate files and database(s).
- Participate in staff training and conduct training sessions as requested.
- Participate in probationary and annual evaluation.
- Prepare and submit incidents reports as needed both positive and negative to Executive Director and other staff.
- Maintain Client Confidentiality according to Federal and State guidelines.
- Review and become familiar with the Personnel Manual for AARS.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Have knowledge and understanding of substance use disorder.
- Some experience in residential substance use disorder treatment programs.
- Some knowledge of AA/NA philosophy preferred.
- Able to work independently and within established guidelines.
- Strong and in-good physical condition.
- Able to understand policies and procedures, and handle emergencies appropriately.
- Knowledge of client record keeping.
- Ability to follow instructions, legible handwriting/printing, and computer literate.
- Enjoys working with forms, compiling data and handling filing system.
- Flexible, organized, and willing to assist in other program areas when needed.
- Must have: Current TB test (obtainable within the first 30 days of employment); Current First Aid/CPR Cards (obtainable within the first 90 days of employment);
- Must be able to pass mandated criminal background check with an allowance for a variance.
Reports to: Health, Safety, Security & Maintenance Coordinator
Location: AARS, Pt. MacKenzie Road
Employment Status: Part-Time
Starting Pay: $20 per hour (position also includes a monthly gas allowance, health insurance stipend, and COVID vaccination bonus)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.