Alaska Addiction Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
Evening Facility Monitor
The Evening Facility Monitor is primarily responsible for overseeing AARS’ clients safety, as well as performing facility upkeep and cleaning duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular inspection of facility and determination of location of all clients.
- Log client’s presence and activities hourly.
- Note any unusual incidents.
- Monitor security cameras coverage during shift.
- Answer telephone and contacts appropriate staff as required.
- May assist with monitoring client medication, when needed, including waking any client needing regular prescriptions.
- Log all assistances with monitoring client medication. Handle any incident in a prompt and proper manner as detailed in Operations Manual, contacting the appropriate staff on call if required.
- Awaken clients at scheduled time in morning.
- Perform routine janitorial duties on all building.
- Complete house laundry regularly.
- Regularly (hourly) inspects all outbuildings to be sure they are secured for the night, regularly check all animals during shift.
- Wake clients to help with animals, if needed.
- Clean grease trap and exhaust vents monthly in kitchen.
- Report any repairs required to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Participate in program activities as schedule allows.
- Attend training events and staff meetings or reads minutes within 48 hours after missed session.
- Required to read all policies and procedure manuals of AARS and pass exams on manuals.
- Completes RELIAS training courses, and other training assigned.
- Required to read all policies and procedure manuals of AARS.
- Complete all forms in timely manner.
- Maintain project logs, reports, and records in appropriate files and database(s).
- Participate in staff training and conduct training sessions as requested.
- Participate in probationary and annual evaluation.
- Prepare and submit incidents reports as needed both positive and negative to Executive Director and other staff.
- Maintain Client Confidentiality according to Federal and State guidelines.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Have knowledge and understanding of substance use disorder.
- Some experience in residential substance use disorder treatment programs.
- Some knowledge of AA/NA philosophy preferred.
- Able to work independently and within established guidelines.
- Strong and in-good physical condition.
- Able to understand policies and procedures, and handle emergencies appropriately.
- Knowledge of client record keeping.
- Ability to follow instructions, legible handwriting/printing, and computer literate.
- Enjoys working with forms, compiling data and handling filing system.
- Flexible, organized, and willing to assist in other program areas when needed.
- Must have: Current TB test (obtainable within the first 30 days of employment); Current First Aid/CPR Cards (obtainable within the first 90 days of employment);
- Must be able to pass mandated criminal background check with an allowance for a variance.
Reports to: Health, Safety, Security & Maintenance Coordinator
Location: AARS, Pt. MacKenzie Road
Employment Status: Full-Time (32 hours)
Starting Pay: $20 per hour (position also includes a monthly gas allowance, health insurance stipend, and COVID vaccination bonus)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.