Alaska Addiction Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
Assists with upkeep and maintenance of AARS, Inc. structures, grounds, stock and greenhouse. Will function as repair person, security officer, work coach, group leader and trainer. Will drive ranch vehicles and oversee clients assigned jobs/chores, and maintenance work in progress. Assist with donation runs and donation pick-ups. Able to operate farm equipment, providing routine maintenance when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Ranch Foreman in caring for animals and gardens, harvesting crops and haying, cleaning and repairing pens, instructing clients on animal care, feeding and watering, and other related duties as assigned. Inform Ranch Foreman when supplies are needed. Completes documentation on the client’s progress and submits it to the client’s counselor weekly.
- Performs janitorial work around the ranch – cleans bathrooms, replaces light bulbs, sweeps floors, is responsible for keeping front office areas clean.
- Assist the Ranch Foreman in the general maintenance of the facility; complete minor repairs on buildings, grounds, plumbing problems, etc.
- Answer the telephone and door, greet the public, and inventory all donations that are received at the ranch, as needed; other clerical duties as assigned.
- Assist with work groups and recreation trips, as assigned. Checks on clients every hour after 6:00 P.M., and perform routine checks of the grounds during evening shift, informing other staff whenever going outside building. Checks on outbuilding, animals and monitors security system.
- As assigned, drive Ranch vehicles for pick-ups, deliveries, shopping trips, dump runs, client transports, and other necessary errands. Operate farm equipment Gas the Ranch vehicles and check the oil, complete related paperwork.
- Learn various jobs at the Ranch to fill in for Staff on vacations, holidays and emergencies. (depends on activity)
- Participate in all Staff and Ranch meetings or listen to tapes of Staff meetings within 72 hours.
- May assist with monitoring of client medication. Log all such actions.
- Participate in evaluation of job performance.
- Learn and maintain confidentiality of client information within Federal and State guidelines.
- Required to read all policies and procedures manuals of ranch and pass exam.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Required Skills and Abilities:
- Prefer a minimum of one-year experience in alcohol and/or drug abuse inpatient treatment program.
- If a recovered alcoholic, alcoholism must be in remission for a minimum of one year.
- Prefer knowledge of Alaska Native cultures.
- Ability to follow instructions. Ability to work with handicapped individuals and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Legible handwriting/printing. Possess & maintain current First Aid Card, CPR and negative TB screen. Must be able to pass mandated criminal background check.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License and must have clean driving record for the last five years.
- Prefer experience with public inebriates.
- Prefer resident of Mat-Su Borough.
- Knowledge of farm (haying and haying equipment), greenhouse operations, and animal husbandry.
- Ability to relate to people, and communicate effectively with people verbally and in writing. Must be a self-starter, work without close supervision, and be able to learn new skills.
- Some knowledge of general maintenance and ability to know when to call in a professional.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.